Supporting Racial Equity in Safe Sleep and Breastfeeding for Young BIPOC Mothers & Fathers Fund
In an effort to promote safe sleep and breastfeeding, the MDHHS Title V program has provided MIBFN with funds to administer a grant program in solidarity with breastfeeding supporters and/or organizations led by people of color that serve parents of color under 21, in an effort to compensate their work and increase their capacity to serve families throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Three (3) organizations/breastfeeding supporters that support fathers and four (4) that support mothers will be awarded:
- $9000 in Supporting Racial Equity in Safe Sleep and Breastfeeding for Young BIPOC Mothers & Fathers Funds
- $1000 in additional compensation for meeting and cohort participation
- Ready-to-distribute 1-pager on your services for future outreach and fund development efforts
- Please note: applicants can apply for one or both of the Mothers and/or Fathers support funds
- Application period: May 17-31, 2021
- $10,000 awards announced: June 4, 2021
- Grant period: June 4-September 30, 2021
- Submit your application here
- Please note that a budget must be uploaded as an attachment to the application.
- Download a PDF worksheet with all the application questions here
- Download a template budget (Excel | Google Sheets)
Decision Making System:
- Funding will be prioritized for applicant breastfeeding supporters and/or organizations based on the following criteria:
- Did you answer all of the questions in the application?
- Do you serve families of color?
- Do you primarily serve families who identify as Black and/or Indigenous?
- Do you identify as a person of color?
- Do you identify as Black and/or Indigenous?
- Is your current funding less than $100,000 per year?
- Is your plan to use the funds actionable and feasible within the next 4 months?
If you have any questions, please reach out to any MIBFN staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org.