In response to guidance from Local Breastfeeding Supporters, the MDHHS Title V program has provided MIBFN with funds to administer a grant program in solidarity with six breastfeeding supporters and/or organizations that are led by and serve families of color, with priority given to applicants serving Black and/or Indigenous families, in an effort to compensate their work and increase their capacity to serve families throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Six (6) applicants will be awarded:
- $5000 in racial equity COVID-19 funds
- $833 in additional compensation for meeting and cohort participation
- Ready-to-distribute 1-pager on your services for future outreach and fund development efforts
In addition, all applicants, regardless of financial award, will be given the option to:
- Join a cohort that meets monthly to network, incubate ideas, take action, and achieve outcomes
- Collaborate with MIBFN on fund development to support your efforts, including by not limited to: Identifying grant/sponsorship sources in your community, Holding one fundraiser of your choice – donations, merchandise sale, or grant proposal; and Working together to develop a “case statement” and a budget for your organization/services
- Application period: March 22-April 15, 2021
- $5833 awards announced: April 22, 2021
- Grant period: May 1-September 30, 2021
- Submit your application here
- Please note that a budget must be uploaded as an attachment to the application.
- Download a PDF worksheet with all the application questions here
- Download a template budget (Excel | Google Sheets)
- Funding will be prioritized for applicant breastfeeding supporters and/or organizations based on the following criteria:
- Did you answer all of the questions in the application?
- Do you serve families of color?
- Do you primarily serve families who identify as Black and/or Indigenous?
- Do you identify as a person of color?
- Do you identify as Black and/or Indigenous?
- Is your current funding less than $50,000 per year?
- Is your plan to use the funds actionable and feasible within the next 6 months?
If you have any questions, please reach out to any MIBFN staff member or email email@example.com.