Supporting Racial Equity in Breastfeeding and Child Care Fund
In an effort to promote breastfeeding in the child care setting, the MDHHS Title V program has provided MIBFN with funds to administer a grant program in solidarity with breastfeeding supporters and/or organizations led by Black, Indigenous, and people of color that partner with child care providers who serve Black, Indigenous, and families of color.
Three organizations/breastfeeding supporters that partner with child care providers who serve Black, Indigenous, and families of color will be awarded:
- $9000 in Supporting Racial Equity in Breastfeeding and Child Care Funds
- $1000 in additional compensation for meeting and cohort participation
- Ready-to-distribute 1-pager on your services for future outreach and fund development efforts
- Application period: June 18-July 2, 2021
- $10,000 awards announced: July 8, 2021
- Grant period: July 8-September 30, 2021
- Submit your application here
- Please note that a budget must be uploaded as an attachment to the application.
- Download a PDF worksheet with all the application questions here
- Download a template budget (Excel | Google Sheets)
Decision Making System:
- Funding will be prioritized for applicant breastfeeding supporters and/or organizations based on the following criteria:
- Did you answer all of the questions in the application?
- Do you serve families of color?
- Do you primarily serve families who identify as Black and/or Indigenous?
- Do you identify as a person of color?
- Do you identify as Black and/or Indigenous?
- Is your current funding less than $50,000 per year?
- Is your plan to use the funds actionable and feasible within the next 3 months?
If you have any questions, please reach out to any MIBFN staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org.